Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Smiles and Trials


Sunday was our 11th wedding anniversary. Sometimes I think "Wow! That's a long time. I can't have been married that long." Other times I can remember not being married. We had a great day and had a special lunch with the kids at the Eagle Tavern at Greenfield Village. thehenryford.org The I had a great time learning about Christmas traditions from the oldest homes in the village through to the most modern. The rest of the family put up with me and we had a lovely day. After that we took in the sight of the Wayne County Lightfest. It is a huge light display that you can drive through. After that the plan was to have a small romantic dinner or dessert after the children went to bed.


You know what they say about the best laid plan?


I am fine, but on my way to the grocery store the was an accident in front of me. As I slowed in the road to see what had happened and how best to get around it, a car struck me from behind. Cop car and fire rescue come flying to us. Sadly all four vehicles had to be towed and now my car in smooshed in the back. Hopefully today we will have an estimate and see what it will take to get it back on the road. For now we have a low cost loaner and all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment