Monday, July 20, 2009

Our Dossier Is Ready

My amazing case worker, Jeny, just told me that she is sending my dossier to Frank right now. (Our agency is affiliated with Frank Adoptions.) Finally we are getting everything over to Russia. My heart is overflowing with joy. I hope we will meet our sweet girl in September. When we started this adoption journey I secretly had hopes that that Sweet Pea would be home with us by August or September. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that we would still be waiting for our first trip right now.

Maybe God is using this time to help us gather our resources and prepare and strengthen us for the path we have chosen. I am amazed by the wonderful internet support groups that I have found. They are a wealth of information and support. Most of all I know that we are not alone. There are children all over the country that face the same challenges that Sweet Pea will face, and they do it with grace and fortitude.

By being a part of these groups I get to see first hand the struggles that families of children with limb differences and amputations face: the emotional struggles, their refusal to be held back, and their ability to solve problems their own way.

I can't wait for our family to really get in on the action.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are moving along! I'm so excited for you!
    -B. LeBlanc

    ReplyDelete