Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Kitties




About a year and a half ago my old kitty Blaze inexplicably got sick and died. It only took a few weeks before I couldn't stand it and began to search for new kittens. The whole family was in on the naming of the new cats and we finally decided on Basil and Cyril (who ironically are important saints in Russia). I was inspired to use saints' names because a character in a series of book I like named her cat after a monk. I thought it would be fun to name them after some obscure saint with a hard to pronounce name. We had all but decided on one of the names until we read the life story of that saint and discovered that he had been martyred. Wonder Boy objected strongly. Apparently saints were okay, but decapitated saints were out!

No comments:

Post a Comment