Friday, May 15, 2009

Spring is Here!





OK, spring has been here for a few weeks but I didn't have the pictures to back me up. I've been working in the yard, and have been fairly pleased with the results. I always get an itch to garden at this time of the year, but usually only succeed in spending lots of money and then killing everything. Last year we started on our Mary garden and this year things are really growing in nicely. Featured in this garden are bleeding hearts (symbol of Jesus's suffering), marigolds, lamb's ears (symbol of Jesus as the Lamb of God), columbines (symbol of the Holy Spirit), and lilies (symbol of Mary's purity).

I also started an herb and vegetable garden. Herbs because we cook a lot with them and they are expensive. They are also hard to kill which is a bonus for me. I wanted vegetable so the kids could see how vegetables grow. In another flower bed we have lilies, black eyed susans, and garden phlox. Our newest addition to that bed is Siberian iris in honor of Sweet Pea.

I hope you enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment